Sunday, June 7, 2015

DIY Coasters

I've been wanting coasters for awhile. The problem is they are really expensive and I can't bring myself to spend that much money on them-- especially because we probably won't use them that much. So I was on pinterest looking for cheap ways to make some coasters. I wanted to make some for the apartment first and see how it goes and then I might make some for birthday or christmas presents. My friends and I like to give presents to each other but cheap ones, we usually decide on a $20 gift and that's it.

Anyway, here's the Pinterest art and craft that I found, thanks to PopSugar!
This craft probably cost me under $20 to make and I have some resources left to make more! That means when I do this again, I won't need to buy as many resources.

The mod podge was a little more expensive but still worth it. I got the smaller of the sizes at walmart and still have a ton left over for other projects. I also printed the pictures off at Walmart as well, it was under $5 dollars for 6-4x6 and 1-8x10.
I changed my way of doing the tiles a little from the above instructions but you will get the idea. 

For this you will need:

4x6 photos, you can cut them out to fit the tiles or you can round them a bit if you want. As you can see I didn't round them.

Tiles-  I got mine at home depot, I bought mine at home depot (6 white tiles for $1.06). 
ModPodge
Sponge Brush
Super Sliders -- those things that you put on the bottom of chairs

Okay so here we go, this was really easy.
1- Cut out the pictures however you like
2- Put modpodge on the photo and stick them on the tiles, let them dry
3- Put modpodge over the pictures- let them dry
4- I also got a clear spray and put that over some of them as well- let them dry
5- put the Super Sliders on the bottom of the tiles so they are lifted off the table anndddd

Viola! You're done!

 This really didn't take that long. Waiting for them to dry was probably the longest (and hardest). Now I have some personal coasters that cost me under $20 dollars, what's better than that?




No comments:

Post a Comment