Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ringing in the New Year

Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015

I don't usually have a list of new year's resolutions but I'm thinking this year I really need to. 2014 was a year of a lot of change, don't get me wrong most of it was good but it was still a lot of change. New job, new state, new living arrangements which also resulted in me doing and acting differently. Some of those included trying new things, others resulted in me not doing things I used to do. So I'm going to try and get back to my old ways while still trying to add new things to the mix. I'm hoping each of these things will help me find my way a little more. Here are my top 10 resolutions:

1.) Pay off at least one student loan: this is something that I've been trying to do for a few years and I never do the math right so I'm hoping I can have one pay off early 2015.

2.) Cook at least one meal a week: I'm really spoiled, my boyfriend cooks just about every night of the week. I would like to try cooking one meal a week for us, especially so I can be creative. I only bake but baking isn't all the time.

3.) Start going back to Church: I used to go to church all the time before I moved and I haven't gone since. I think I need that spiritual element back in my life.

4.) Take more pictures- I want to remember memories and to do that I need pictures.

5.) Talk about my feelings: no worries, not to you guys!

6.) Read at least 10 books next year: I have no idea how many I did read but I hope to read at least that, some of my book series are really long so I think this is a good goal.

7.) Workout more consistently. I do workout, but I think my workout regimen (see post from a few days ago) too "crazy" for the time and commitment that I have.

8.) Find a place to volunteer: once again, another thing that I used to do before I moved that I no longer do and something that I feel like I should get back into.

9.) Be a better friend: I feel like my friends and I don't talk as much as we used to now that I've moved and I think that having that happen again will be better for me, especially since I don't have any friends in the new state that I live in.

10.) Save more money: I don't know what, all I know is that I should shop less and save more.


Hopefully in 6 months time I will be able to cross a few off of the list or at least say that I've worked toward them. Maybe by then I can start new goals for myself and my relationships.

Happy 2015 everyone!