Sunday, December 7, 2014

Homemade Chili

So there really isn't anything better in the fall/winter than some homemade crockpot chili. It might be one of my favorite things to have on a cold day. I first started making chili from one of my crockpot cookbooks. Then I found a recipe from a friend on All Recipes called Boilermaker Chili.   Personally, that recipe has a little too much going in it and my cookbook one doesn't have enough so I've gotten to the point where I have mixed the two together to make my own chili. I took the best from both and just mixed it all up! So, here we go!


Ingredients, now remember, you can change how much you want of something based on your taste:
1-2lbs hamburg
Packet of breakfast sausage
1/4cup Worcestershire sauce
8oz can of tomato paste (or sauce)
ground cumin
1-2 green peppers
1 onion
hot sauce
1 can Bush's kidney beans in chili sauce
1 can kidney beans
1 can chili beans
1-can diced tomato
Mexican or Mozzarella cheese
chili powder
Displaying IMG_20141207_122939189_HDR.jpgFritose

Directions:
1.) On the stove, cook hamburg until it is cooked, then add to crockpot
2.) While that is cooking, chop green pepper and onion and add to the crockpot
3.) Add the Bush's kidney beans in chili sauce and tomato paste to crockpot
4.) Drain the diced tomato, kidney beans and chili beans and add to crockpot
5.) add 1/4cup Worcestershire sauce to crockpot
6.) Add hot sauce (based on your preference) to crockpot, as well as ground cumin and chili powder
7.) Cook breakfast sausage, when completed, cut up and add to crockpot
8.) Cook on high for two hours
9.) Add cheese and fritos and serve!





2 comments:

  1. We recently just started putting corn in ours just at the end, and it ads an awesome little burst of freshness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try that, maybe only a little bit of corn. I'm not a huge fan of it- at least, I need to be in the mood for it haha

    ReplyDelete