Sunday, November 30, 2014

Hosting Thanksgiving

Displaying IMG_20141127_124345.jpgThis is the first year we hosted Thanksgiving. Luckily for me, my mother and grandmother were here to help! Unfortunately I didn't think to get a picture of anything that we made. But get ready for a pretty long post on it all!

We invited 4 people to Thanksgiving making it a total of six that needed to be served. Our little kitchen table doesn't fit six people so we used a folding table and put a cloth over it with matching napkins. We used the other kitchen table for our desserts, fall decorations and for us to use to put food that was not needed on the table anymore. We used china from my mother (since she never uses it) and viola to the side is how our Thanksgiving dinner was decorated.  Decorating was the easier part. Cooking everything was a little more difficult. 


Our menu included the following, I'm not going to talk about all the recipes we made but my favorites/and the ones I made. 
Appetizers & Drinks
Desserts: Pies and Apple Cheesecake 
Mashed Red Skin Potatoes 
Squash

Other things that were made was chicken, sweet potato yams, green bean casserole, cornbread and stuffing. Most of what hasn't been added were recipes I either got from the internet (sweet potato yams), or from the "back of a box" (green bean casserole, cornbread). 

I hope everyone's thanksgiving was lovely! 
                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment