Sunday, November 30, 2014

Mashed Redskin Potatoes

So red skinned mashed potatoes are my absolute favorite. I don't care if they are mashed or whipped, I just know that they are delicious no matter what. My grandmother actually made them this year for Thanksgiving because well, they are just fabulous when they are done by her. I think it's the amount of butter that she uses. Mine never come out as good as hers does but I'm hoping that now that I know what her secret is (adding a ton of butter) I should be able to make them just as good. Remember, this recipe is based off of feeding six so you may need to change the recipe depending on how many people you are serving (or how many leftovers you want).

- 10-12 Red Skin Potatoes (half skinned) and cut in cubes
- 1-2 sticks of butter
- 2 Tbsp Basil
- 1 tsp Salt

Directions:
1.) Peel and cut red skinned potatoes
2.) Add them to water and set them to boil  (they do not need to be boiling the entire time)
3.) Keep red skinned potatoes in water until soft
4.) Once potatoes are soft, drain them
5.) add butter, salt and basil and either mash or whip depending on what you want to do.

Advice: I would make these close to last, and that's only because I hate if my potatoes are cold. The best thing to do if you make them before you need to is to leave them on the stove even if it's turned off, or in a space like a microwave where the heat will stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment