Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Song of Ice and Fire Series - George R.R. Martin


A Song of Ice and Fire Series 

I am a huge fan of the Game of Thrones series on HBO. Usually when I become a fan of a movie franchise or a T.V. series and I haven't read the books I usually give it a go. Warning- these books are not small, there are 5 out at the moment each ranging from 800-1,000 pages. They are also a somewhat difficult read, there are lots of characters to try and keep straight and a lot of detail. Since that's the case it takes me awhile to read and because of the things I just mentioned I don't think I will read the series all at once. In fact, I'll probably read at least one or two books between each of these. In this instance I don't think i will forget what I read because the T.V. series is past the second book. Maybe that's another reason why it takes me so long to read them! Keep checking back for more updates! 

Have any of you read this series? Did you find the same thing occurring for you when you tried to read them? Or did you start appropriately- reading before the series was even out? 

A Storm of Swords
A Feast of Crows
A Dance with Dragons

No comments:

Post a Comment