Thursday, August 4, 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Alright ladies and gentleman! In case you didn't know. I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I've read the books multiple times, I've gone to the theme park and I even have a Gryffindor Scarf.

But let's back up a bit. This blog is about books and adventures. Thanks to JK Rowling, this can happen. I hated reading when I was younger. It was all for school and I just didn't want to do it. Then one day I received Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and I haven't stopped reading since. It opened my mind up to a world that I just couldn't stop wanting to be a part of and I truly believe that because of that I read for fun. So thanks JK!

Alright, I'm not going to go into what Harry Potter is because if you're reading this post you probably know already. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child picks up 19-20ish years later with Harry older, married and with children. It's based on a play that recently opened in London. I can't wait until the play comes to the US!

 His middle child feels the pressure of Harry being his father, while Harry still deals with the guilt of being the boy who lived. Why did I love this story? Well, it brings a lot of new characters into the mix while keeping the old characters around like Harry, Ron, Hermoine and even Snape! There are flashbacks to some of my favorite and hated scenes so it was great to sort of relive it but from a different perspective. If you loved Harry Potter growing up, or reading to your child, or a new reader of the series, I recommend picking this up. It brings you back to the magical story that you fell in love with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment