Sunday, January 18, 2015

#7: "Workout more consistently"

So one of my end of year goals in 2014 was to workout more. However I learned that what I tried to do in Novemember and December was actually too much. I can't take my day off to be going to yoga-- that's not fair to me, my body or my mind. I'm not saying I won't go to yoga once a week (if I can) but I'm not going to use it as my day off either.

Anyway, I'm going to take some advice from Sweet Love and Ginger. Her Her workout goal for the year is to "build" and to go to them gym (I believe) 3 days a week. So I'm going to look at my workout routine a little differently. I plan to go to the gym between 3-4 times a week instead and try to go every other day.

Here's why:

1.) I want to build up my mentality to go to the gym consistently which I don't believe I can do if I'm trying to go everyday

2.) I want to mix up what I do at the gym, I don't want to go to the gym and do cardio everyday. Instead, I want to try and remember to switch it up. This way, I'll be able to stay motivated to go.

My main goals a week is to try and go to zumba once a week and weightlift once a week and then plan what else to do when the time comes. I have a lifting worksheet to use so I can watch if I improve. While zumba classes will choose when I what days I work out and what days I take off.

I've also gotten a Garmin Forerunner15 and a heart rate monitor. So far, I love it and I think it's really helping me stay motivated to be active more regularly.

I'm really excited for this new resolution and I'm really hoping these activities and fitness hardware will really help me build my body to where I want it to be.