Saturday, November 15, 2014

Barnes and Noble Membership take 1

Barnes and Noble Membership take 1


Hey guys, so I would already say that this membership is worth it. However I didn't have to pay the full price of $25.00 for the membership and I've had a ton of gift cards so I really haven't had to use a lot of my own money. Anyway, I'm going to attempt to do this based on me having to get my money worth as if I paid the full $25.00 for the membership. I'm giving a littler 3 month review of what I've saved so far. In that time span I've been given two different packets of coupons by Barnes and Noble. 

So far I have saved $22.48 in member savings. That includes the 10% I get off on everything (but not including when I got myself a cider at Starbucks) and all the coupons I have gotten so far. Here's some big savings I've noticed: 

1.) One coupon I received took $8.00 off any DVD if I spent $40 or more in the store. I ended up getting a DVD 60% off plus the $8.00 off which literally got me a Blue-Ray DVD for about $4.00. I looked on some of my other favorite sites to buy things and that saved me $7.50. 

2.) I just bought a new hardcover book. Now it's a lot more expensive compared to other locations where I could buy it until I start using the discounts I receive. For a non-member to buy this book it would have cost them $20.29 but because I was a member I received 40% off not 30% and it would have cos me $17.39 BUT I also had a 20% coupon which brought my final cost to $13.91. That's a savings compared to another site of $3.94. 

3.) Of everything I have bought so far from Barnes and Noble using my membership 6 out of 8 have been cheaper than other retail places. I did a quick bit of math and I am still ahead in pricing by using Barnes and Noble rather than shopping at other locations which also makes it easier for me to not have to go all over the place for the items that I need. 

Here's the information on Barnes and Noble's website if you're interested or want more information. 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read in forever. I need to get back on the wagon over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you do! i want the next outlander book! Luckily I have three books to read before that so you have time.

      Delete