Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Christmas in NYC

Finally. Let's just start with that, I go to go to NYC with one of my best friend's and her family to see the Christmas decorations and go shopping. I haven't been to NYC near the holidays since high school so I was really excited to go back. Though it was a lot of traveling and a lot of walking, it was definitely worth it. I forgot how magical NYC becomes when all the holiday lights are added to it. Don't get me wrong, NYC is magical any time of the year but to be there at night with the tree (which was huge as always) and the department stores decorated for the season is something extra special.

We started off doing what every girl wants to do in NYC, shop! Once some of the shopping was done we went to Little Italy for lunch, it was delicious, and with how this winter has been, we got to eat outside in December in New York City. It really doesn't get any better than that. From there, we went to China Town and browsed through their market place, which was an experience in itself. I'm not entirely sure if I've ever been to China Town so I was happy to be able to experience this time around. It really helps when the weather is enjoyable to keep you outside longer.

From there, we went to Macy's and made out way to Times Square and all the decorations. It's amazing how much holiday spirit goes into decorating all of the stores. It's not like anywhere else, there aren't signs that say Happy Holidays and some large Christmas bulbs. Instead, it's like walking into a fairy tales. Some of it reminded me of Narnia, which made it even more special (I mean, how can one not like that movie?). It was a winter wonderland that could last for months to come rather than be specific to just December. You could tell that a lot of people came just to see the winter wonderland that New York City had to offer.


Last but not least was the Christmas Tree and light show that Saks puts on. The tree was large, and being part of a family that sells Christmas Trees during the holiday, I was shocked at how large it was and the amount of lights that were on it. Don't get me wrong, this isn't the first time I've seen the tree in New York City, but I think because it's the first time I've seen it since being part of the tree business that I had a new appreciation for it. The lights were gorgeous, there were so many people wanting to get a glimpse of it and then after they glimpsed the tree, they had to walk maybe a block to see the light show of Saks-- which is a MUST see if you're going to go all the way to NYC for the tree. 









No comments:

Post a Comment