Friday, September 25, 2015

A Discovery of Witches

I'm on a roll, seriously...I've gotten through another book. No, it's not from my Summer list but I'm still reading so who cares, right? My goal was to read 15 books this year, I'm about to start #10, so I'm little behind but I found a new series so I might be catching up!

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy #1)That new series? The All Soul's Trilogy. There is no reason for me to pick this series up, I hadn't heard great things about it, it isn't related to a TV show or a movie coming out. I literally chose it because every time I went to Barnes and Noble and was looking through their bookcases, this cover would catch my attention. I mean it, every time. It literally got to the point where I knew I just needed to pick it up and read it. Plus, I like Harry Potter and have always had an interest on books based on the Salem Witch Trials so why wouldn't I want to read a book about witches and vampires?

The All Soul's Trilogy starts with the first book in the series: A Discovery of Witches. It's about a young historian Diana Bishop who is a witch but doesn't want to be one. She lost her parents at a young age and wants to forget that magic is even a part of her. While at Oxford working on her research, she discovers a book that no one has been able to find or open in centuries. Diana does both. This brings about all different kinds of creatures-- all wanting to find Diana and all that bring danger to her every day life. Except for one-- Matthew Clairmont, a vampire who at first is looking for the same thing as all the other creatures but then he gets to know Diana Bishop and things change.....and well, you know what happens next. The two are now fighting for their life together, for the lives of all who choose a a different "creature" and to find out why Diana has so much witchcraft in her and what was hidden in the book she was able to open.

I thought this book was fun. I wouldn't say I was engrossed in it at all times, but I really enjoyed it as a fun, easy read. In fact, I just bought the next one and it should be here in a few days! I think I'm just happy that I found another little series that I can really enjoy. If you like witches, vampires and all other magical creatures than this is the one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment