Monday, September 7, 2015

The Girl in the Spiders Web

So I know I haven't done a book review of the first three books in this series but it's because I started this blog after the fact. Maybe I will get around to re-reading them so I can review them. However, the fact that I picked up the 4th book in the series should give you a pretty good idea that I like it. In fact, I finished this one in about 2 and a half days. I was so excited for it that I picked it up at you betcha- Barnes and Noble.

The Girl in the Spider's Web (Millennium Series #4)

As always, click on the picture of the book to see the synopsis and reviews on Barnes and Noble.

So let's begin with a little back story. This novel is based on the Millennium Series and it's books thereafter. There's a lot going on in these books, there's murder mystery and then there is just straight up mystery. The main characters are Mikeal Blomkvist (a journalist) and Lisbeth Salander (a computer hacker). Both are badass in their own way and I mean it. Lisbeth is everyone's favorite, she's a strong willed girl who is also somewhat crazy but don't underestimate Mikeal. He's just as intriguing and the two of them together make for an interesting pair. So there's a little backstory here's the synopsis of The Girl in the Spider's Web.

Once again, Mikael and Lisbeth get tangled in a murder that needs to be solved. A famous Professor is murdered because he found out more information about a company than what that company wanted him to know. Big surprise to them, the professors son saw the murder and understood it. The question remains who killed the professor, what was his secret and how to protect his son? There was a lot going on in this one, and like I said I finished it rather quickly. There are a few reasons for that. The first- I've been waiting what seems like forever (at least 5 years) for a new story and the second, it made me want to continue reading. 

The Girl in the Spider's Web is written by a new author (David Langercrantz) after the untimely death of the Steig Larsson.The style was defintiely different compared to Larsson's books but I don't know if I would necessarily say it was better or worse. I found myself a little more compelled in Larsson's mystery- there was more to read, more to be on the edge of your seat. However, Langercrantz left out the unnecessary writing that made it difficult for me (and others that I know of) to originally get into the three by Larsson. This to me was actually something I enjoyed better. However, I did wish for a little more edge on your seat reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment