Thursday, August 28, 2014

Mom's Veggie Stir Fry

Mom's Veggie Stir Fry

Okay, so here's another one of my mom's recipes that my boyfriend is a huge fan of. She just randomly started using a pepper jelly for this to give it a spicy taste. Depending on how much you like for spiciness will depend on how much of the pepper jelly you want to add.

The recipe I'm providing is a milder one compared to what my boyfriend makes. Usually his stir fry is so spicy that my eyes water.

Ingredients:
2 Peppers- green, red, yellow (whatever you want)
1/2 cup Broccoli or green beans
1 cup Rice (we use Uncle Tom's)
1 TBSP Olive Oil
 I use the kind below because it adds another spice to it! This is from Saratoga Olive Oil, my all time favorite place for olive oil and Balsamic. You can find it in Saratoga, NY, Lake Placid, NY and Burlington VT. It's a tasting place too so you can try all of it before you buy it. I do not believe you can buy this anywhere else, its not sold in stores so if you can't get a hold of this regular olive oil or vegetable oil will work
4 TBSP (serving size is 2) Pineapple Pepper Jelly
This is actually what we normally use for our spice. It's amazing but sometimes difficult to find. I have found it at Price Chopper and the Christmas Tree Shop so usually when I see it, I attempt to buy a few at a time. For this recipe I used the serving size x two since it was for two people. My boyfriend usually adds more though to make it more spicy. Here's a picture of it so you can find it in your local grocery store!




Directions:

1.) Slice up your peppers
2.) Add Olive oil to a skillet on medium, once it covers the bottom of the skillet add the peppers
We tend to use frozen broccoli so
3.) Boil some water and add broccoli or green beans, wait until it seems cooked and add it to the peppers
4.) For the rice, I usually just follow the recipe on the box
5.) add the pineapple pepper jelly to your veggie skillet and let it simmer for 15-20mins



No comments:

Post a Comment